As an employee at HyperX you can expect a highly competitive salary, health benefits, performance bonuses, generous paid time off plan, flexible schedule and a creative, friendly, results oriented culture. We are a tight knit team of web professionals that love delivering cutting-edge, high quality and timely digital solutions for our clients.
We are an eclectic group that includes, gamers, photographers, sports fans, fisherman, liberals, conservatives, LARPers, skiers, snowboarders, mountain bikers, musicians and Star Wars enthusiasts – to name a few.
At HyperX your work will stand out and will make a substantial contribution to the success of our company and clients. You will be treated as an expert in your field and your opinion highly valued.
You will take on challenging LAMP based, web development projects and be heavily involved through the entire software development life cycle, including developing project quotes, functionality/database/architecture specifications, front-end interfaces, back-end code/databases, conducting QA testing, administering servers and maintaining/updating existing web applications.
We have both part-time contractor and full-time W2 positions available. The option of working remotely for both position types will be considered.
Skills & Requirements
- Passionate about writing code that is simple, elegant and highly efficient
- Deep professional experience translating user interface designs into pixel perfect front-end cutups
- Experience building custom themes, functionality and plugins for WordPress
- Experience integrating web applications with third party APIs/web services
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming and software patterns
- Comfortable in a multi-tasking environment where priorities change rapidly
- Experience with Flash (AS2 and/or AS3)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience building custom themes, functionality and plugins for Magento
- Computer science or related technical bachelors degree
- Previous experience working as an independent contractor
- Ability to design highly usable, clean, professional looking user interfaces
- Experience administering and ensuring security/performance on Linux/Apache/LiteSpeed web servers
- Professional LAMP stack administration experience
HyperX is a full-service digital marketing firm and blogger advertising network that has been providing elite level online marketing, advertising, design and development services to large brands such as ADP, Kimberly-Clark, EMC, SouthWest Airlines and HP since 1998.
We employ a comprehensive approach to digital marketing that leverages the right blend of all online marketing channels, creative and technology to produce high ROI outcomes for our clients.
Our web services team is made up of marketing and technology experts who are passionate about delivering solutions that are beautiful to look at, easy to use and drive measurable results. We pride ourselves on attention to detail, exquisite customer service, fast turnaround and on-time delivery.